new intel comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
xkrazy let me know how it performs, i buying some parts similar to those shortly.

xkrazy said:
thanks for those who reply
i was just wondering wats the difference between 865G, 875p and 865PE

Well, I know that the difference between 875p and 865 is mainly just 875 has PAT(Performance Accelerating Technology)...... Its alittle faster, but most vendors have copied whatever PAT really is and 865 chipsets are very competitve;) If you can get 875, but its not a neccsity:) As for the letters after 865, I don't really know:p I know the designate features for that chipset, like onboard video, etc., but I don't know what letters go with what features:confused:

just make sure you do a burn in. (That's leaving your PC running for at least 48 hours to allow the peices and parts to expand and contract and fix nicely.) Most major hard ware problems will show themseves in the first 48 hours.

xkrazy, remember to get a high power and stable power supply. May be 400watts above will be nicer.

Looks like a pretty good setup and with good parts. As far as I can tell everything should work together just fine.

thanks all who helped me out so from what you guys said everything seems great just need to get a better mobo oh yea whats the difference between socket 478 and the 700 something socket?(yes i am new to computers things)
@xotix
sure i will tell you when i get it might take up to 2 weeks though :(

the socket 478 is the pin package that the cpu is classified under.. so if u have a socket 478 chip you cant install it in any other mobo other than one that supports the socket 478 package :)

matters on what you want . . .

if you want a proven interface thats also cheap get the 478 . . . if you want newer technology, 775

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom