help with favor for brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxarcana

In Runtime
For christmas, i am trying to research what computer parts for him to get to upgrade a very old computer. I am hoping with the new computer, that it will be able to run games like crysis on decent settings and any other game that comes out soon. The only thing that i plan on keeping from this computer is the case, keyboard, mouse and the hard drive.

Here are the things that i think he should get, please comment.

Processor - Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 Wolfdale 2.66GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Motherboard - Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Monitor - Newegg.com - Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1 - LCD Monitors

Graphics - Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4850 TOP/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Ram - Newegg.com - Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Power - Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Power Supply - Power Supplies

Also, should i get a new HDD? the one that it has is 111GB, but im guessing its pretty slow... and if i do, would i have to buy another copy of windows?

Thanks for your help

thanks for the input of the ram and the power supply. do you think that i would really need a 650W power supply though?

okay thanks for the help you guys, i think that i am going to get that g.skill PI black ram and that power supply. I think that i might order tomorrow. Any other comments on this upgrade would be helpful

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom