Cheap but easy to install heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inserity

Baseband Member
Hi all, I have a PC that's been out of commission for a while and decided to bring it back up again. I didn't have a heatsink on it so I tried using a spare Intel heatsink but I gave up in rage. Intel Pushpin = teh suck

So I'm just looking for one that's easy to install. Are the Intel pushpin's extremely difficult to install or is it all pushpins? If that's the case, I def want bolt on (or whatever it's called). The CPU is an E6300 that I'm not going to overclock so performance isn't top priority.

I did look in the Recommended Products thread and the two that were recommended are both pushpins, but are they easier to install compared to the Intel?

Thanks, and hope I explained everything.

Gah I forgot to mention I have that heatsink with the bracket for my main PC. But it's a bit expensive for something that wont need to be cooled better than stock heatsink. But I guess $46 isn't bad for a great cooler. Bah I should just get it. lol.

The CPU is about a year old and I haven't done much ocing on it so it should be fine for a while. The PC will be used as a music production PC.

Yeah I hear lots of good things about the XIGMATEK Rifle cooler. I might put it in a future build of my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom