micro atx psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
hey fellas.
any suggestions on a good MATX psu?

i have a new case for my folding/media rig and i need a PSU that fits. unfortunately i bought a case that supports full-sized cards, but not full sized PSUs...lol.

it has the components in my sig (bottom specs) plus a single exhaust fan, DVD-RW, a small IDE HDD, a 500gb SATA hdd and a linksys wireless PCI network card.

the only one i have found that has enough amperage is this one:
Newegg.com - Athena Power AP-MP4ATX47FE 470W MicroATX / SFX12V / EPS12V / ATX V2.2 Nickel Coating Power Supply Support most of E-machine Systems - Power Supplies

not really impressed with the brand. it has 26A on 2 rails...which just cuts what evga says i need for the whole system including the card.

any other ideas? besdies buying a new case (the one i have is really awesome and plain-jane...matches the rest of my theater gear, too).
do i need that many amps for this system? that PSU is also very expensive for a MATX PSU. a cheaper, more reliable brand is preferred. halp!

i dont know what kind it is. some chinee' generic case. i bought it cos it looks good and matches my other stuff and doesnt have blue lights or silver or half and half color all over it :).
yeah i guess that is the one i will get unless i get another suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom