I have succumbed to water cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
After tallying up the air build I was thinking of, I was looking at the £270ish price range so have decided to go with water. Although I understand it in theory I have no true knowledge of good parts or brands.

The plan is to internally mount the radiator by modding my current top panel and copying this;
Image001.jpg

That will then be cooled by my original aluminium fan plan for the top panel setup like this;
fanmockup.jpg

Instead of the filter the radiator will be along the length under the meshx. There will be no fan guards so fingers beware! I may add grills at a later date when I order my planned Q9450 and 55nm gtx260. I have 2 fans spare after I do this so may put them onto the rad underneath but not close enough to block the other 5.25" bays
Parts
Pump:WaterCooling UK: 12V Laing D5 Vario Pump (MCP655)
cpu block: WaterCooling UK: Swiftech Apogeeâ„¢ GTZ CPU Block
Radiator: WaterCooling UK: Black Ice GT Xtreme 360 <-- I need it to fit within the top 2 5.25 bays including space for the 25m thickness fans so limitted to 90mm
Reservoir:WaterCooling UK: XSPC Bay Reservoir - Silver
Tubing??
coolant: Distilled water with some biocide
Fan controller: Scythe Kaze Master Ace 5.25inch Fan Controller - Silver Mainly for other case fans not the watercooling loop
Meshx: A.C.RYAN Meshx

Works out to approx £300

Re: I have succumb to water cooling

Looks nice. I like it. No plans for gpu cooling? With that radiator you should be able to do it all.

Yeah plans to go gpu cooling once I get a 260 little point buying a couple of £60 blocks for sli 8800gts the blocks are worth more then the cards lol. I plan to also carry on using it if In the future If find I need sli 260s so I want it to cool a sli loop and cpu aswell as getting high overclocks. Thunking about it may get one 8800gts block as I plan to use one of them as a dedicated physx card and they are quite noisy buggers.

dude... that's way to expensive for a CPU only loop. That's like $445 US and you can get a decent CPU only loop for like $200US

i'm sure you can find cheaper parts

Looks nice. I like it. No plans for gpu cooling? With that reservoir you should be able to do it all.

What does the reservoir have to do with anything?

Now.

Pump is overpriced garbage. Get a D5 or a DDC with a top. The XSPC res-top would probably be good in your rig.

GTZ is good, any of the big 3 are just fine.

Why the 2 types of tubing?

Feser coolant is overpriced radiator coolant. Run pure distilled and a couple drops of biocide.

Radiator is way overkill for what you need to cool.

My MCR320 keeps my e6600 and 8800GT (Getting Old, I know) at about 3-4 degrees C above ambient which is insane on cold morning. Were talking 19C idle.

sorry I meant radiator not reservoir. I was figuring eventually he would want to cool 2 video cards as well.

Revised parts list and editted first post;
Parts
Pump:WaterCooling UK: 12V Laing D5 Vario Pump (MCP655)
cpu block: WaterCooling UK: Swiftech Apogeeâ„¢ GTZ CPU Block
Radiator: WaterCooling UK: Black Ice GT Xtreme 360 <-- I need it to fit within the top 2 5.25 bays including space for the 25m thickness fans so limitted to 90mm
Reservoir:WaterCooling UK: XSPC Bay Reservoir - Silver
Tubing??
coolant: Distilled water with some biocide
Fan controller: Scythe Kaze Master Ace 5.25inch Fan Controller - Silver Mainly for other case fans not the watercooling loop
Meshx: A.C.RYAN Meshx

Works out to approx £300

Done some research and these parts are some of the best in class I believe. I have no clue about tubing the mounts are different sizes doesn't that mean I need different tubing?

Thought that might be the case with the coolant, plus can always shove some leds in the res if I need it to be a pretty colours as its the only part on show.

I know the rad is overkill but I want adaptibility and expandibility I want this loop to last me 5 years and just change bits like the cpu/gpu blocks and It means I can just come out with some insane overclocks like a 4.6ghz cpu when I first put it in :p lol

Actually Aspire your parts are newer then mine atleast the gpu is, I have the E6600 aswell good old school powerhouse C2D lol shame how back in the day is only 2-3 years ago now and people scoff at it.

Get an MCR320 instead especially if your looking for a silent setup.

The GTX is optimized for high speed and thus noisy fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom