installing windows on sata HD??

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
Ok, my friend just bought a new pc, with a sata hard drive, just 1. I set the pc up, and connected all the parts. then i boot, and it seems to recognize the drive, then when i go to the windows setup, it sais no hds were installed, and to press f3 to restart pc...

i read throug the sata hd sticky, but it didnt help me.

Plz help, thanks

the mobo is a msi k8mm

When Windows Setup begins, press F6 to install third-party drivers. You will need to have the drivers on a diskette.

I'll get the drivers right now and post the link.

lil problem, the pc dont have a disket drive. if ther eis no posible other way, il take the one out of mine. thanks for getting the links, i wasnt shur which it was

Extract these files onto a diskette. Like I mentioned above, press F6 when the installation begins. Place the diskette in Floppy Drive, and select the drivers (VT8237) for his operating system.

You need a Floppy Drive.

You have to install it first.

If you have trouble using that method, then I could always post the exact drivers after I copy them off the diskette. You need the drivers for the VT8237 South Bridge. He should of had them included.

uhh, dude im on my pc, his has only 1 drive, the sata one, i cant install those drivers, this is my pc. his pc has no disket drive but its ok, il just take mine off. i read the readme, and it said to copy the files from the diskdriver folder or w/e its called, il try that out. Or am i supposed to do something else?

You can either use that program to create one - Or I can post the drivers (ready to use on a diskette).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom