Help me design a self-built gaming PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansel

Beta member
Hey.

I'm hoping to build a high-end gaming pc for somewhere near $3000 but I don't know too much about today's hardware options so I'm not sure about my ability to optimize components for the budget. But I figure- I feel reasonably competent that I could assemble the machine and I hear they really skewer you in the pre-built high end market, so I was wondering if you folks might be able to help me out? Do you have ideas for components- or could you point me to a good starting place for this project?

Thanks so much for your time and suggestions!

(I already have ordered a new monitor so that wouldn't need to be factored into the budget)

WAIT!!! SEND BACK THAT MONITOR, AND GET A 52" HDTV TO PLAY GAMES ON!!!

You can build an ultimate gaming machine for like $1800, and get a 52" 5 series Samund HDTV for $1500.

Parts for computer:

Gygabyte UD5
Intel i7 920
GTX295(Coming out next year, so buy a cheap graphics card, and use that for like a month)
Tripple channel PI Black RAM
Cosmos S Computer Case (Wait for a sale)
Corsair 1000HX PSU
HT Omega Striker sound card
Blu Ray burner
2 1TB HDD

Buy this stuff on Newegg.com, and wait for a sale for certain items, and buy them one at a time. Search for guides on the internet to learn how to build a computer. i.e 3-DGameman.

Beaten >.>

If his budget as that high, he might as well get a 10,000 rpm hard drive or maybe the gtx 280. I don't know when the gtx 285 comes out, but I think that'd be a premium time for him to get his build.

Awesome. Thanks for the advice! I've already ordered the NEC 30" MultiSync LCD3090WQXi as I've heard good things about it and found a good deal, so hopefully I'll be set for the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom