Antec 1200 a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikepsyche

In Runtime
I recently bought an Antec 1200 for my new build, and am wondering if it was worth it. Is there another case that offers just as good airflow, but is a little cheaper? Plus, I don't think I'll use all of the extra drive bays and stuff.

Would an Antec 900 be just as good airflow with less space?

Or maybe someone could recommend another case that won't suffer any decrease in airflow from the 1200.

Then again, I'm comfortable with keeping the 1200 if it's worth it.

EDIT: Antec 1200

The antec 1200 is a great case you haven't made a mistake although personally I don't like the styling if you want something a bit smaller then this is your best bet imo
Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-60BPLUSII Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Then add something like this
KustomPCs.co.uk - Lian Li EX-33B HDD Bay Black
That would be extremely difficult to beat on a cooling front. It will probably be cheaper just to stick with what you have you can always upgrade fans to ones that are quieter or move more air.

Ok, I think I'll stick with the 1200, and I was planning on maxing out the fan slots anyway. I'll fit it into my dorm somehow. Thanks.

Antec 1200 = FTW , if you maxed out those slots with some high performance fans you could easily be talking about airflow somewhere in the 450CFM in/out range

EDIT: if you max the fans out and stick that in your dorm your gonna have a tornado in there :p

Yeah, i know. Hope my roomate doesn't mind... Not to mention the thing is almost waist-high, it'll have to go on top of the desk.

Yeah, I was in school when I posted that; I guess I remembered wrong. I came home and looked at it; it was a little over knee-high. I'm a little over 6'2. I just remembered the big box, and my sister saying, "You'll never take that to college."

I have an antec 12 and the thing is so loud I had to move it away from my desk (have after market fans). I'd recommend getting silent fans since theres going to be so many of them it shouldn't matter that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom