freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
the side fan is near the pcu

ya definalty get it pugged in, it may not fix your freeze-up's but will help vent your pc.

also, ask your brother if there are any other options to help out your airflow in the case, perhaps one intake fan on the front panel.

will do but right now hes with his girl friend so not much i can do at the moment : /

soooo, have you checked your ram yet? I mean, installing these extra fans is all good and that, but kinda pointless if the system still won't properly run. It sounds like your other temps (cpu, gpu, etc.) have all been fine, even under the stress test.

Really, that basically just leaves the ram to check.

now when i test how hot my ram is i should just touch it?

be sure to ground yourself before you do.

touch with your other hand a part of your case that is metal.

have your side panel off before shutting down the system, so you can get in there as quick as possible.

i dont recommend you stickign you hand in there while the pc is running, tho others may.

I wouldn't reccomend it, but I use to have my hand in there all the time with my old case testing the cpu, ram, hdd's and gpu temps by hand whilst the system was running stress tests and the like, each to there own there is a risk involved. Taking off the side panel will affect temps quite a bit I would suppose so rather then removing it and placing on the other side of the room. Undo the screws so that you can simply slide it off when needed and run a stress test ideally making it freeze then quickly slide the panel off and get in there. It will feel uncomfortably hot above 60C which fortunately is about the temps that you don't want anything but your gpu running at.

ok so u want me to run a game until it freezes then slide the case off ground myself then touch the ram or do you want me to turn the comp off when it freezes then do it?

lol, it's not too complicated. dw mate, there's no pressure
1. run your game
2. wait for freeze (don't bother shutting the pc down)
3. take side of case off, and btw don't worry about rushing.
4.a touch exposed metal on computer case with one hand
4.b touch ram stick with other hand
If the temperature is host, e.g u say 'ow, wth that hurts' the ram is too hot

ok i ran wc3 untill it froze and i slide off the case grounded myself and touched the ram it wasnt hot i didnt have the reaction of Ouch! but it was warm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom