vga temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
OIDanTheManIO said:
i have heard of vga fans, but not replacement heatsinks...

You bet they have VGA heatsinks! I have one the size of my card. Literally.

Yeah the new cards are already one giant heatsink, but we've discussed that before. 104F/40C is good, but that's at IDLE or LOAD cause you want to know the how high your current loaded GPU temps are so that you know how much higher they'll go.

You bet they have VGA heatsinks! I have one the size of my card. Literally.

Sho' do.......I just saw those things a few months ago and I was thinking 'holy crap'

"Holy Crap" is right! :D I have overclocked the shit out of my GPU, and with this size heatsink and method of cooling - The temperature stays very low!

so that arctic cooling VGA Silencer works that good eh Agex? I got a Geforce2MX 32mb with no heatsink on it at all lol. I jerry rigged one on there one time and read a 3 year old review when the geforce2 ti was top of the line lol. 'HOLY CRAP WE GOT OUR CORE SPEED UP TO 200MHZ!' heh....standard is 175MHz Core, 166 memory. Got mine up toooooo 220Core and 110memory I believe but in soldier of fortune 2 I would see rainbow spots here and there..so I backed it down a bit...no real difference though so I took the OC settings off of it..Just wanted to tinker =P Although if Chaintech winds up sending me another FX5700 maybe I'll use that VGA cooler...think my last overheated...but I didn't have case cooling and the understanding behind it like I do now.

awww man just noticed though its only for ATI models mainly psht....shoulda known!! Says its only compatible for GeForce3 Ti lol.....so I guess I'd have to go with that thermaltake thats also $20 more =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom