Help diagnose a crashing issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
NIC Card is also known as a Ethernet Card. Network Adapter.

NIC stands for Network Interface Card.

OH ok, I do have a wireless adapter in there for use with the internet at home. I believe that was updated when I installed it but I will check for grins.

Thanks much for your help. So for now, it's safe to say that there SHOULD NOT (but always could be) anything wrong with hardware? I just have to update everything?

From what i seen in the dumps there shouldnt be. Just update drivers to the newest ones and hopefully it will resolve your issue.

okay cool well tonight I've been cleaning my room and practing taking vitals. Tomorrow I have to get up in the morning for the last bit of my ER time for my EMT-B class, so I will do my driver updating later this weekend. I will be sure to report back though.

Thanks so much! Great help!!! :)

Well I updated the wireless adapter and the video card. So far no BSOD, but it has been surprising in the past. I now had a problem with GTA4. The game played but then would not load any cars in the game. I tried rebooting computer and game, and the game has an issue on start up. I am consulting a GTA4 forum at the moment for help on that.

But now sometimes when I turn my computer on, the "windows loading" screen comes on very "dim" and freezes. So I have to hard reboot. Sometimes it will freeze after the windows loading screen completes. Confused!!!

Thought I had it momentarily licked.... but I left to go to church and the computer was on screen saver/idle. Came home to a BSOD! But thanks to some advice here I turned off the auto-reboot feature.

I tried hard rebooting several times to just more BSOD. I will give descriptions of all them as best I can and any help is appreciated very much!

Upon return to home, I found this BSOD:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0x0000000A, (0X00000000, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X8051B44A)
BEGIN DUMP OF PHYSICAL MEMORY
PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP COMPLETE

Then I did a hard reboot (which I think means using the button on the front)

After windows load screen, I received this BSOD:

(No description up top)

***STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0X8063757C, 0XBA4C2D58, 0X00000000)

I then did a hard reboot, and got this BSOD:

Driver overrun stack.......based buffer.

***STOP: 0X000000F7 (0X8A754D64, 0X0000BB40, OXFFFF44BT, 0X00000000)

I did one more hard reboot, and it ran the windows check disc sequence, and self rebooted, and I got this BSOD:

No description

***STOP: 0X0000007E (OXC0000005, 0X80608B7D, 0XBA503BB0, 0XBA5038AC)

And then I hard shut down. I don't want to keep rebooting for these BSOD screens. I am a mechanic and when a car has a "service engine soon" light, I use special scanners to access data in the car to tell me why the light is on. I would like to think these BSOD screens are a computer's version of the same type of information. Any help with deciphering these would be greatly appreciated, as I have no idea what the codes mean. THANKS!

well if I have to repair install windows, I will have to re update the service packs, correct? If that's the case then it will take ridiculously long to get back to where I was because I have a terrible slow internet to download.

And also, this will be the third time I have to reinstall the computer. HMM... bad hard drive?

Have you tried to run chkdsk /r /f at all? If not try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom