looking for cheap/small laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay thanks for the help. I'll probably go with the MSI. I've read/watched through (seems like) a thousand reviews and still have reservations regarding the MSI's funky mouse button and the sound quality (as compared to the Asus). But if the screen quality is that much better (couldn't really tell myself from the youtube video reviews) and is supposed to be that much better I'll probably go with it. The MSI's wlan does seem a little better, though I don't have experience to know how much of a difference this will make in speed in functioning areas.

Do any of you know if it is relatively easy enough to dual-boot (legally) the installed XP with Mac's OSX? If it's possible I would want to eventually go all OSX, but for the time being I need Windows for a couple of apps that I have to use.

okay thanks for the help. I'll probably go with the MSI. I've read/watched through (seems like) a thousand reviews and still have reservations regarding the MSI's funky mouse button and the sound quality (as compared to the Asus). But if the screen quality is that much better (couldn't really tell myself from the youtube video reviews) and is supposed to be that much better I'll probably go with it. The MSI's wlan does seem a little better, though I don't have experience to know how much of a difference this will make in speed in functioning areas.

Do any of you know if it is relatively easy enough to dual-boot (legally) the installed XP with Mac's OSX? If it's possible I would want to eventually go all OSX, but for the time being I need Windows for a couple of apps that I have to use.
I'm pretty sure it's possible to do, and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard, and someone on these forums must know how.

Do any of you know if it is relatively easy enough to dual-boot (legally) the installed XP with Mac's OSX?

It is straight up against the EULA (end-user licensing agreement) to use OSX on anything but MAC hardware/pc.
Apple - Legal - Sample Mac OS X Software License Agreement <--- section 2
However there are hackintosh solutions out there but apple needs to offer a product which has similar specifications for them to support it on there OS. You can either use hackintosh like iatkos (which I have used) or linux with the OSX facepack/themes or this to do an apparently legal OSX install but I have know clue whether it works with laptops however in theory will let you do a legal OSX install
:: EFIX ::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom