freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberben

Baseband Member
hello, i have had my new computer for about 3 months now and i have encountered a big problem when ever i game my computer will occasionally freeze, the screen will go black and it will make a repeating beeping noise. The only thing i can do is hit the button to reboot my computer. My computer specs are- motherboard xfx 610i 7050 ram-3gigs and a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT graphics card i also have 32 bit windows vista

do you know what your temps are before the screen goes blank

gpu temp (video card)
cpu temp (processor)
mobo temp maybe also.

no, how can i figuire these out?

pc wizard should tell you cpu temps

there many other programs that do this.

nvidia's n-tune should tell you your gpu temp

i am not going to recommend any program for these, but somebody else will.

ok pc wiz tells me that my prosecer temp is 38 c main board temp is 34c power/ aux temp is 36c my GPU temp is 52c and my hard disk temp is 37c

ok pc wiz tells me that my prosecer temp is 38 c main board temp is 34c power/ aux temp is 36c my GPU temp is 52c and my hard disk temp is 37c

try to run a stress test and watch the temps closely.

if they stay normal like they are now, then you can rule out "overheating"
during the test, the temps will rise, you just need to see how much they rise.

ok im running a burnIn test and i assume that is what u where talking about my proseser has raised to 49 C so far but every thing else has nothing or just 1 degree changes

ok test over prossecer dropping back down to 38 and i tihnk it leveled out there

I'd also check your ram, if that was overheating it'd cause your computer to crash too. Heck, you can test it by just touching one of the sticks. BUT MAKE SURE you ground yourself first, i.e touch any exposed metal part of the pc chassis before touching the ram.

If it's running very hot, you may want to consider installing a fan for them, OR if you have them overclocked definitely put stock speeds back.

You need to run a gpu intensive stress test not just a cpu one like burn in this would work
rthdribl - Real-Time High Dynamic Range Image-Based Lighting 1.2 -
Also use another temp program e.g. speedfan and nvidia monitor to check your data against temps can change depending on the program reading them the only reliable data is the bios but you need to have your computer off to read that and can't run stress tests at the same time ;)

ok im running that test and speed fan and my gpu temp is 64C temp 1 is 42c temp 2 is 36c temp 3 is 40c and HD0 is 37c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom