How to wire speed control onto my vantec fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rave_tech

In Runtime
this is the fan that i have, and its 6k rpm, sounds like a jet plane, but it works well...but it cant run at full speed all the time, i have a speed knob here its the kind that has a 2 wire (one red with black stripe, and one red) so its a 2 pin.

the power to the vantec is a 4 pin same as ide hard drive, but i dont mind soldering or tapping in, where do i put the 2 wires so the knob can control the fan?

here is the fan:

Newegg.com - VANTEC TD8038H 80mm Case Fan - Case Fans

thanks in advance guys

Solder the red from the 2 pin to the yellow on the 4 pin. Solder the black from the 2 pin to any black on the 4 pin. This will create a maximum of 12 volt potential allowing control up to 5700rpm.

Solder the red from the 2 pin to the yellow on the 4 pin. Solder the black from the 2 pin to any black on the 4 pin. This will create a maximum of 12 volt potential allowing control up to 5700rpm.

Like this?

fancontrol.jpg

the fan i have is a molex connector 4 pin only and i have a 2 pin fan controller.

the fan controller has 1 red, and 1 red with black stripe....thats it....the same as the rear fan that i have and it works with the one that came with it ??

Just checked its red on yellow, black on black so I am guessing somethings a dud or your soldering is wrong. Could be over voltaging the fan controller I know that the delta focus flow fans have a tendency of blowing up fan controllers there are only a few that can handle that much current.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom