Building ~$400 Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minico

Baseband Member
Ok .. since its christmas im gonna be making a computer. Basically i need help with everything , beacuse im not too good at this. I already got a computer , im just pretty much gutting it out and getting better parts. I got a Dell Dimension 8200, pretty much everything the same. I bought it back in '01-'02 and now it is kinda crappy. Pretty much under $400 would be nice. The things i got are - Moniter , Speakers, Case, Keyboard/Mouse, yeh and i need pretty much a - Processor, MOBO, GFX card... I guess i could Overclock it if i learned how... the power supply i kinda know what i want-

Newegg.com - Antec earthwatts EA380 380W ATX12V v2.0 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies - Antec earthwatts EA380 380W ATX12V v2.0

Could go with a 400w also

If you need more info Please post , NOTE: Im going to be using for mostly gaming

Thank you for any Help

Thank You ill check it out .. Will it work with the 400W supply i want? And Isnt Intel better then AMD o.o also i for got about ram :p

Newegg.com - OCZ SLI-Ready 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Beats all the other RAM's mentioned because of its 1T..

Anyways, go with either AMD or Intel based on your choice, Intel has a bit faster offerings, but with your budget you'd have to go with a e2200 with a cheapy Socket 775 board unless you can pay more than $131 for both the CPU and Mobo

EDIT:
lets revamp your rig..

Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E2200 Allendale 2.2GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - Intel BOXDG35EC LGA 775 Intel G35 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Your PSU is fine..
The RAM I mentioned above...
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R467D3-512I Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Thank you very much Vernong i will keep that in mind and look at it later on and see.

EDIT: that card is pci 2.0 , that motherbord can use that carD?

Ok guys sorry for the double post but now im at $328 and , if theres any room for a better proc or mobo please put :D AMD is fine i guess.

Well $328 and probably a bit more , the shipping looks like its free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom