Computer Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiouxev

In Runtime
So im building a computer, and it had a radeon 7000 32mb POS video card.

That was basically the only crappy part in it, with an AP5800 Asus mobo, with an agp 8x slot.

so I picked up an ati radeon x1600 pro 512mb agp 8x on craigslist for $40. Except when I put it in, the monitor screen is black.

I put back the old one, and its fine. But back the new one in, black screen again. (Obviously i make sure its in there snug, etc, and I connect it to the power supply as well)

There is no mobo beeping at me upon startup, all fans (including video card fan) turn on just fine. So, im pretty confused at this point why it would not work. One thing I could think of is booting up the computer again with the old video card and installing the x1600 drivers and restarting with the x1600 card in it? IDK, that sounds kind of dumb.

Any ideas guys? What am I missing?

In your BIOS, see if you have an Init Display First setting. If you do, make sure it's set for AGP. I had this problem, and my computer acted the same exact way.

Thats one of the first things I did. I put the old card back in and went into BIOS, and it was already defaulted to AGP first. Blah. Still nothing.

Would you happen to have a different computer you could test the card in? The video output may be bad? Was it new or used?

The card had a cord that came with it that plugs into the 4-pin slot from the power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom