Budget Build...Ordering Tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I know lol....So I'm hoping that something magical happens between now and the time I get my money so that parts get cheaper and I can get even more "bang for my buck".

But isn't that what everyone hopes before they buy parts?

Replaced the PowerColor 3850 with the Sapphire version as it has a cheaper price before mail in rebate.

With the case fan setup, you want more intake than exhaust right? I'm thinking 2 120's in the front as intake, the 140 at the top as intake, and then the rear 120 as exhaust.

I'm thinking about spending the extra $7 towards a side 120mm for exhaust as well....will it make a significant difference?

I have two front 120mm fans as intake, the rear 120mm and the top 140mm as exhaust.

I would leave the 140mm as exhaust because it blows the heat from your cpu cooler out of the case. If you add a side fan I would set it as exhaust to blow the hot air from the video card out of the case.

Ok...here's what I'm looking at now...I know it's an old thread, but things financially changed slightly and with coming back home for Christmas break, it seemed pointless to build a new pc, leave it for a month, and then come back...

So I'm pushing this to about January 9th or so. I already have my videocard (8800GTX I bought from a clanmate for $50!) and still looking at the rest of the parts.

Here's what I've got as of now, but things are still in the air:

Case:Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
HDD:Newegg.com - SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
PSU:Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
RAM:Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
MOBO:Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
CPU:Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

With a new headset, that's $456 Shipped...Right in my budget as I really can't go much higher. Any suggestions/thoughts?

Looking to do another upgrade in Feb that will move the RAM to 4GB and adding some extra case fans....Maybe in March, a CPU Upgrade...

Looks good. Right now the Corsair 650tx is only $2 more than the 550vx, if it still is when you go to order I would go ahead and get the 650 watt since it's essentially the same price. Otherwise just stick with the 550vx.

Thanks for that heads up...Hopefully it stays the same price. I was actually looking at getting it built here, then shipping it to Indiana (where I go to school).

Any idea how much it would cost to ship the computer from zip code 85338 to 46845?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom