Downloadable Windows OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except to use mac osx on a pc you would need a $300 emulator and your computer would run hella slow trying to convert from pc to mac and vice versa.

i think you can actual or used to could download a trial version of windows xp from the microsoft site,don`t know if it is still that way or not,and my operating system is legal lol,came with my dell,but I dont know how long the trial lasts or if it even exists anymore,and am not real sure it was winxp lol might have been server 2003???and linux is great if you have plenty of time to learn all over again lol,and I dont have that kindof time i have a real job lmao

Whats different between Mac or PC hardware? I didn't know it was different or that u needed an emulator.

Musjunk22 said:
Whats different between Mac or PC hardware? I didn't know it was different or that u needed an emulator.

Aparently, the text under your avatar does not apply... :D

anyways, i dont think its really THAT illegal to download windows, since the actual copy isnt the important part. You can install windows any way you want, but you have to have a LEGAL key.

er... at least im pretty sure thats how it works.

Then again asking that question in the first place isnt that smart...

but anyways, the key is usually the problem with most software.
that little sticker on the side or back of your case that has an xp key on it -

pure gold.

EDIT: even then, if you dont put a key in, it will just give you 30 days to put one in before itll refuse to boot... technically, you could do the AOL trick and whenever it expires just reformat and start new...

NOTE I do not advise any information i stated on this page, nor do i stand beside it as it being nessesarily legal. as damn greedy microsoft is, you still shouldnt cheat them out of a product.

We don't need no falking OSX you bleeding kanigit!!! :mad: Mac ain't run'n all my stuff, either. Furthermore, ol' Bill ain't make'n the profits like he used to, after he retired. All his money comes from stocks, not services.

Whats different between Mac or PC hardware?

A lot and a little. The architecture is a bit different, the RAM addressing is a bit different, the proc architecture is a bit different, etc, etc,...

It's kinda like dealing with an Amiga. :D

...You all...uh...know what an Amiga is...right...?...um...Tell me I'm not that contaminated...please?...Amiga? Yes, no?

ShoobieRat said:
We don't need no falking OSX you bleeding kanigit!!! :mad: Mac ain't run'n all my stuff, either. Furthermore, ol' Bill ain't make'n the profits like he used to, after he retired. All his money comes from stocks, not services.

A lot and a little. The architecture is a bit different, the RAM addressing is a bit different, the proc architecture is a bit different, etc, etc,...

It's kinda like dealing with an Amiga. :D

...You all...uh...know what an Amiga is...right...?...um...Tell me I'm not that contaminated...please?...Amiga? Yes, no?

Thanks for clearing that up. Is it like an Intelivision?

Regulus said:
Can someone please provide me with a link to a downloable Windows XP Home (not Linux or anything else). Thanks

Nobody has XP, 2000, or ME up for free. I know plenty of sites with DOS, Win 3.1, and 95/98, along with a few lesser-known systems. If you really know where to look, there are several out there...

yeah if you get a generated CD-Key for windows it won't allow you download service updates I believe =P. But yeah just about every program I got on my computer including OS was kindly given to me through a 3rd party account....I'VE PAID MY TAXES LAY OFF ME......

<------- FUN! FUN!

Well thats not nessesarily true. A *AHEM* "friend" of mine knows of a proggy that is imbeded with keys... gets rid of your old key, pops up a window, throws you a bunch of working keys... type one of em in... bingo...

Not that I would know anything about that.... Or where to get it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom