thinking about switching to water cooling advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ex_nihilo

Baseband Member
so just as the topic says im interested in water cooling but have no idea where to start. what is a good kit to start off?

dont get a kit... bottom line! they dont offer the performance and suitablility that custom loops will... look at some articles on water cooling and learn a bit, then have a look at Petra's Tech Shop for some great components and prices

dont get a kit... bottom line! they dont offer the performance and suitablility that custom loops will... look at some articles on water cooling and learn a bit, then have a look at Petra's Tech Shop for some great components and prices

Kit is a vague awkward word.

Technically Petras sells kits. But they include a group of off the shelf components.

If you want a cheap solid kit and don't mind a bit of noise, you can't go wrong with their D4 kit.

Petra's Tech Shop

alright ill look around and read up on it and i wanna cool my cpu and graphics card which are a q660 and a 8800gt any suggested parts from petras??

imo, grab the DTek FuZion V2 or the Swiftech Apogee GTZ for the CPU and this GPU block -> Petra's Tech Shop

What?

No, the 8800GT is beginning to get old, there is absolutely no point in investing money in a full cover block for it.

He'd be much better off getting either the new D-tek Fuzion V2 GFX or a Swiftech MCW-60R

That paired with the $135 D4 based kit would make a great relatively cheap way to get into water cooling for the first time.

thanks aspire ill be looking into what you suggested, also does it matter if i use water or would i need to use something different?

The dangerden maze 5 is also a good, affordable universal gpu block. Its like 40 bucks and can be moved to a new card when you replace your 8800.

distilled water + 2 drops of ptnuke :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom