My first overclock is it safe(screenshots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did not raise the vcore so i assume you just dropped the fsb? what did you set it at? bump the vcore to about 1.42ish and try again

its been one hour and temps are fine
heres the ss
testing.jpg

The ideal temps under load are 40 to 48 so you are fine there. Either bump the vcore a tiny bit more or drop the fsb down like
10mhz. I looked into your multiplier and it seems that the beauty of the black edition was an unlocked multiplier. Your board supports up to 25x not that you would want to run it that high. Seems a bit strange you cannot change that. Done any benchmark comparisons vs stock?

The ideal temps under load are 40 to 48 so you are fine there. Either bump the vcore a tiny bit more or drop the fsb down like
10mhz. I looked into your multiplier and it seems that the beauty of the black edition was an unlocked multiplier. Your board supports up to 25x not that you would want to run it that high. Seems a bit strange you cannot change that. Done any benchmark comparisons vs stock?

no benchmarks
i really want to change the multiplier but i guiess ill have to do some research on that
yeah my cpu stays pretty cool.

ok i finally got it stable at 3.05

now im slowly working on going up nice and steady. temps are at 45C though
hopin g i dont have to change vcore anymore its at 1.408 rihht now

so guys should i just mess with vcore and multiplier
or multiplier and fsb and vcore

need help on this as i installed xp 64 bit on my system just so i could use the multiplier
vista was a pita, dont think im going back soon

cpu3150.jpg

You mentioned your getting 47c with 1.4Vcore. Are you still using stock heat sink?

If so, you don't have much head room to work with.

You mentioned your getting 47c with 1.4Vcore. Are you still using stock heat sink?

If so, you don't have much head room to work with.

no im using a xigmatic cooler with 120mm fan
works great

I now have it stable at 3.255 ghz

i want to get it to 3.4 without any temp rising but it will take alot of time
temps are at 40C on load
it will rise to 45C max
and idles at around 30C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom