Graphics opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should do it...

That new game: Mirror's Edge loves PhysX (for PC) and will use it and an nVidia card would have a huge advantage over the AMD competition because of just PhysX (AMD is support to port their own.. [Havok] but I don't think its as good)

In Fact firing squad did a test, its just what your looking for I think

PhysX Performance Update: GPU vs. PPU vs. CPU

Yeah I think I will after-all £60 won't get me far I spend more then that on alcohol in a fortnight :) tahnks for doing a bit of research guys I have been mainly looking at forum postings through google and they correlate so all should be good. Better start saving pennies for the Q9450 and 260 that I want :p although nervous anticipation may make me get a Q9300, I am looking forward to 2-3 years in the future when the gtx260 is considered a good card to turn into dedicated physx like my 8800gts now is lol.

If I follow the same cycle once my 260 gets a tad slow I will add another to sli then move the 8800gts's on to a new machine think they will live for 5-6 years? Be nice if they did unfortunately I doubt it.

only 9 games support hardware physics decoding apparently so most of the time that 880gts will just be drinking power not really an issue for me but anyone doing research on this may be interested and way it up differently

I think you should do it...

That new game: Mirror's Edge loves PhysX (for PC) and will use it and an nVidia card would have a huge advantage over the AMD competition because of just PhysX (AMD is support to port their own.. [Havok] but I don't think its as good)

In Fact firing squad did a test, its just what your looking for I think

PhysX Performance Update: GPU vs. PPU vs. CPU

Supposedly Nvidia offered ati the option to use physx but ati didn't want it and went with havoc instead, which I though was surprising.

Ya I heard that too, but why not?

Kind of stupid not to..

Yeah I thought it was unusual too. Maybe what they are planning with havoc has the potential to be even better than physx. With both Intel and AMD supporting havoc it may be hard for physx to become a industry standard, especially now that nvida isn't in a dominant position like they were in the past.

It's kind of like the whole HD DVD vs blu ray thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom