"Best version of LINUX!!!..."

Which standard PC device uses a DMA channel?

• LPT1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FDD

• NIC

• COM1

• COM2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATIRAGEPRO

Daemon Poster
A few days ago, 'IODan the manIO', (I think that's his name?) refered me to a site that allows you to download beta versions of Linux. (www.linuxiso.org) I tried downloading one, and it's estimated time it took to download was 8 days, 11 hours and 15 seconds!!! So i quit erly...:wooha:
My question is; which version of linux is the best? :question: :cool:

"List of names..."

haha! Actualy, i have 783k ADSL. So i was suprised to find that it told me F***ing 8 DAYS!!!:wooha::wooha: But in a way, it makes sense. most of the ones i tried to download were 675mb an ISO Image! Hopefully, i'm wrong, but if i do have to keep my computer on day and night to dowload them, i just hope i'm getting the right one for crying out loud. ANYTHING BUT WINDOWS 98!! GoodGod!!! :mad: :) :cool:

I use redhat, have to say its a great OS. My friend uses mandrake (old version, like ver. 8), he says its great. SuSE is good but there's some $$$ involved if you wanna get a copy.

no money needed for SuSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! there's a free FTP install of the Pro version. you don't HAVE to purchase the CD. you just need to download the SuSE Personal ISO, burn it, install it, and then through FTP select any other package you want. it's FREE FREE FREE FREE.....

maybe i should start a new thread about this.

"Reason..."

So what if he is, anyway? Big deal! ;) We all benefit one way or another... lol ;) ;) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom