Looking to build a ~$500 computer, already have Geforce 8800 GTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilSoup

Solid State Member
Hi, I'm new to the forum. :)

I have a Geforce 8800 GTS, the 640 mb version.

I also have some spare ram, 2 sticks of Buffalo 1g PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM.

I'm looking to play Crysis on medium at least, high would be nice.

I actually bought Crysis used, but my 8 year old computer can barely play it on minimum.

I probably will order from newegg, but I have a microcenter locally I usually go to.

So I'm looking for a super budget computer, the best possible for the money.

I just need the basics as I already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and sound card (mi audio delta LT1010, also have delta 44).

Any ideas? Also should I overclock? :confused:

Thanks. :D

Becides Crysis is there anything else important to you?

Nah, I don't run photoshop or do any video editing if thats what you mean.

If you mean on a general level, there are lots of things in my life more important than Crysis. :happy:

Anyways, I see there is a forum for gaming here. I might of posted this in the wrong forum then.

Well for starters go with an Intel processor for Crysis, period. AMD CPU's are horrible for Crysis, trust me I know :\,

I'd Suggest the E7300 Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 Wolfdale 2.66GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

I'm not motherboard Expert but any of the mid market Intel chip mobo's should be fine

gigabyte makes a nice P45 board and you can overclock the e7300 to 3.4~3.6 easily with little to no experience easily with the P45

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Power supply depends if you want to SLi later on which you never know, but NewEgg has plenty of good deals.

And as far as cases and Hard Drives go that depends on what you really want/need

EDIT: If I was you I'd put together what you think will do at NewEgg and then see what the brilliant minds here have to say about it, just my $.02

I merged the two threads. We don't allow multi-posting threads here.

Is the $500 just for the parts or were you buying a operating system to?

And yes you should overclock. For example if you went with the e7300 like suggested you could possibly get up to 3.5 - 4.0 ghz with a decent cooler.

P.S. building and buying forums is for discussion on parts and computer to buy. The gaming section is for discussion of the games themselves.

Is the $500 just for the parts or were you buying a operating system to?

And yes you should overclock. For example if you went with the e7300 like suggested you could possibly get up to 3.5 - 4.0 ghz with a decent cooler.

P.S. building and buying forums is for discussion on parts and computer to buy. The gaming section is for discussion of the games themselves.

I have an extra XP 32 bit I think.

But if I want vista and/or 64 bit I would need to buy an operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom