Acer Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therookie

Baseband Member
Yesterday, I bought an Acer Aspire AS6930-6455 laptop at office max and had to return it. When I took out the laptop out of the box and turned it on for the very first time, it said "enter password". When I took it back to office max, the manager said it wanted the bios password. The manager over at Office max called another office max location and found out 4 acer laptops was returned yesterday too.

Has anyone heard of this? Is Acer laptops this bad? I thought they were pretty good laptops.

So, now I am back to square one with no laptop. Does any one have an recommendations on a laptop under $700.

Any advice is appreciative.

Acer have come quite severely down hill over the last 3 years in the UK atleast I have quite a lot of friends in the repair industry and they have more acers then any other brand to get fixed. I don't hate acer I have a travelmate 290 and love it and still use it even though its 5 years old now. What do you want from the laptop? Something to browse the internet and word documents? Watch videos on? Play games?

Dell would be best brand then imo
I actually wanted to stay away from dell this time if I can. However, what dell model would you recommend? What about ASUS? I definitely will stay away from Acer. Not sure if this is true or not, but I heard Gateway bought out acer and I am not a fan of gateway.

msi makes some good laptops i heard, but a dell would be your best bet as far as a laptop goes. toshiba makes good laptops too, i'm using one right now.

I would go for a dell too. They're built like tanks really. Seemed to be the most reliable from all my college friends experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom