*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

i've read those 7750's dont clock so well. maybe the reviewers weren't pros like us, eh? ;)
and also...i dont think superpi has much to do with L3 cache. i dont think it is big enough to be written there. i think the L3 will have more to do with background applications. i could be wrong.

Ya they only got to 3.2ghz... and at stock its slightly slower than a e5200 (by not much, 0.xxx FPS, 0.xxx seconds) but still doesn't touch OC'ing abilities though..

But us AMD users who are too cheap for Phenom II's and/or can't afford it..

Yea, I just decided it's not worth frying my 6000 and msi mobo... I love my setup, so... I will try something else and just throw these parts into a small case and use it as a file server for my media extenders...

fry?? lol do you have any idea how hard it is to fry computer parts... i've run 1.7+v through a 45nm cpu with no fears ;)

well this past Tuesday i made my nforce 570 mobo go up in smoke. i still have not found out the cause. so i'm stuck until xmas without a gaming pc.

well this past Tuesday i made my nforce 570 mobo go up in smoke. i still have not found out the cause. so i'm stuck until xmas without a gaming pc.

i have a 570, i hate it :eek:
cannot wait till some change in my pocket to upgrade.

i dont know what went wrong. the board has been good to me it's whole life.
why do you hate it?

I have a 570 chipset... Best chipset I have had so far with nvidia... my 3 series fried.. and i had two others die.... But yea... I was reading it is slightly slower than the intel e5200, and similar to the 6000+ just lower clock speed.... Tonight, I will be reading on how to bypass my OVP chip and voltmod my board to get above 1.6v on my vcore, that way I can clock a bit higher... BSOD's with vista logo and a mouse on the screen still isn't pretty...

BTW, the 570 chipset gets incredibly hot... So if you have a small heatsink like my motherboard does, you probably should have rigged a fan to fit it...

i dont know what went wrong. the board has been good to me it's whole life.
why do you hate it?

the voltage controls for the ram are limited.
1.95v is max i can set it to. thus i cant run my ram the way its meant to be ran.

also the ram slots are very close to the cpu slot making it a tight fight when using all 4 ram slots.

That is a physical limitation of your board not the chipset it self... that or the bios... see if there are any bios updates for your board...

The 570 ultra is a great board.

Keep in mind it is an older chipset....but its been very good to me as well.

Back
Top Bottom