Blackened Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLADERUSH

Beta member
Hi everyone,
I'm experiencing a problem with my laptop screen. The screen goes black every time I launch a game, or sometimes even launching windows. The screen does not go completely black, I can still see the screen if I look carefully. It seems the brightness has drastically decreased and I can't adjust it back. The computer is obviously still operating, but with severely decreased scree brightness. I have downloaded the latest video card driver and it does nothing.
My lap top is a HP Pavilion dv6220tx with Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit and Nvidia Geforce Fo 7400.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Its been bugging me for the last few weeks...

Thanks.... :laughing:

Are you sure its application/ pc load specific. Sounds like a dodgy backlight quite easily replaced if needed to be and defo should be covered by the warranty. Just looked it up its quite a nice laptop although I prefer mine a little smaller I have hp Tx1000 and would say the build quality is good minor problem is the case materials used aren't quite upto my rough treatment but the actual components inside weren't skimped out on which is all that matters so you shouldn't have many hardware related issues backlight is a common failure across the board though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom