Hd Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ectoruss

Beta member
I'm trying to mod my case and come with a idea :cool:. Put one activity light for each of my hard drive :amazed: .

I can't find any info for that, so if somebody can help, I will be happy. :D

Having an activity light for each hard drive would not be down to a case modification. The hard drive light pins attatch directly to the motherboard, so as far as I know, your motherboard would need to have this feature built in.

If you find a way to do this, then you wouldn't need to add an additional light to your case, you could just use the power light, since you'll know if your computer is on or not. This way each drive will be colour-coded; hard drive one with a red light, and hard drive two with a green light (or whichever your case has).

TMT. :cool:

Hmm.. ya know that mod about the LED in the ide cable? Maybe it's possible to have a relay from the cable to the LED... to show activity... Like have a split wire that goes to an LED on the front of your case and not use the mobo's activity feature at all?.. get what I'm sayin? =p

never heard bout an led from a ide cable sounds like it could screw stuff up cuz it saps power u got a link to it or sumtin?

naa.. there's a mod you can do to stick an led into the IDE cable and it's harmless.. I think a link was posted here sometime ago.

Do you remember the link about this that was posted before..... Cause I'm Really new here so it will surely take a while for me too found it... An I can't wait to finish My case so....

Tkx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom