Motherboard and CPU questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte can't support the low latencies on the market due to the fact that they are based on the original AMD64 architecture.

Well, I have an Abit NF7-S right now and it seems to be working nicely. Haven't had problems with it yet (except for the northbridge fan not spinning) Also when I bought it I bought it not knowing Abit even existed. The only names I knew about were the ones I heard the most, MSI, ASUS, ect... So I think I will go for another Abit board. But I looked up the Abit KV8-MAX3, and that is not a very easy board to come buy, and some of the reviews I read said that they had a lot of problems getting a 3000+ chip to run. Does anyone know of a retailer that sells that board?

The Abit KV8-MAX3 is absolutely incredible. Not only is it the most powerful and stable motherboard I have ever seen - It is packed with so many features, I still haven't used them all.

I am running the 3000+ on the Abit KV8-MAX3, and I have had absolutely no problems once so ever.

In fact, this is the first time I have heard anything regarding compatibility issues with the 3000+.

Hmmm... Where are you from?

P.S.: The KV8-MAX3 is one of the very few that actually support the full 1600 Mhz for the FSB.

Another vote for the K8V SE Deluxe (first one). Every Asus-based system I've built (AMD and Intel) has been really stable. (As I type this from a Gigabyte based system that has been ... I guess really not all that bad either.) Asus support seems very good for one thing. I can't say that Abit is bad; I've never built on one of them.

Im from Utah, Salt Lake City area. I don't know of many retailers around here that would sell a wide range of boards like that. Is there a place to get it online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom