Need to know if this is true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLoLeR

Baseband Member
I'm about a minute away from clicking to order this Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard off the Egg to go along with my GTX 260, and i was scanning some reviews and i saw one where someone said that the GTX 260/280 cards "can't" fit into the primary PCIe slot due to the locking mechanism blocking the card itself. Can anyone please elaborate on whether this is true or not. Surely its not, but i'd rather be sure. Thanks.

the locking mechanism and slots are standardised so there should be no issues at all probably just some idiot on newegg not knowing how to build a computer so blaming the tools rather then there knowledge of it. Can you like us to the 260 (mainly interested in) and motherboard your getting so we can double check :)

Personally I would go with this one
Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGEGTX260MC896OCE GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
and this motherboard
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Gfx card card because it is core216 meaning that it is the speed of a 280 and dirt cheap. Motherboard because its basically the same but for cheaper after rebate and Crossfire is over rated (sli is better in almost everyway) and that board can't run crossfire full speed on both cards...... Running multi-gfx cards is also overrated for 200% of the cost you get 170% of the performance providing you have a Monitor above 1680x1200 resolution

Well i already own a vanilla EVGA 260 from a previous build. I'm just interested in that board, but regardless, the UD3P and UD3R share the same style of primary PCIe slot. Think it'll fit?

It will fit but why spend extra money on something that won't be used read the rest of my post. Also I would sell the vanilla evga 260 as its about to get outdated in a months time. Get onboard with core216 whilst its cheap and your card still holds value.

Yea that guys on Newegg must have been an idiot. I watched a video review where some dude had a GTX 280 sitting nice and comfortably in it.

Ha.

Now i'll just keep my fingers crossed that this Silverstone ST70f PSU doesn't have the same fan problem a lot of others have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom