Help with New Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minico

Baseband Member
Hello , im new to this forum and well i need some help :happy:

Ok so im thinking of replacing my graphics card to The AMD ATI X1300 PRO 256 Mb card and well it requires a 250W and my computer is only 200W power supply and was not wanting to buy another power supply. Any ways my computer is a dell, i bought it back in 01-02 :) I was really thinking it might work with a 200w as ive read elsewhere. If you could help thank you.

Dell Dimension 8200
1Gb Rhombus RAM (or Rhambus , i forgot)
200W Power Supply

Any help is Appreciated , Thank You

you are getting the AGP version, correct? it does not need any extra powr from the psu so 200 watts might power it but you are cutting it close.

uhh k thanks , yeah i dont think it needs the power as im researching it atm , but i just dont want my computer to screw over for being cheap and not buying a PSU first. Would you know if it would?

it would hinder the performance of the card, that's about it. or it could put so much of a load on the psu that it could overtax it and kill the psu

uhh K Thank you for your help , i think i should buy another psu first , or since ima buy another one just try using it ^^

Thanks , but the thing is my dad doesnt want me to get a higher wattage , because it costs too much i guess ,the bill anyways.. thanks anyways

pshh, that 200watt psu probably uses more eletricity than that antec earth watts. it's 80% efficient. he wont notice the diff in the electric bill with that psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom