Having a Motherboard Audio Issue!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robdarftw

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I just built a new system, and everything seems to be working well, except I have no sound. I installed all the drivers and everything, but my Windows Vista 64-bit is not recognizing my on-board sound card. Its a Nvidia XFX 780i sli mobo. The only thing i was a little worried about was the wiring for the audio. I am prty sure i got the front audio in, but i even tryed the rear ones, and they dont work. the strangest thing though is that my comp isnt even picking up a sound card, so i cant get any sound at all. This is also conflicting with my gameplay, as I cant play any of my new games like COD WAW because it is giving me an error cuz i dont have sound. So if anyone has a fix for this, that would be greatly appreciated, other than that, i am prob gonna go out and buy a sound card, and see if that works. Thanks

robdarftw(@)gmail.com if you can help plz

i would advise against posting your email like that on a forum that every body can see.

but any ways to device manager and look for a little yellow ! beside any thing first. you have SP1 on for vista, correct?

haha, well, everyone just automatically asumes that the drivers werent downloaded. How many times has that advice ever worked? well, i figured out wat it was. There were two optional audio cables to the mobo, so i just got ****ed and plugged one out, and it just happen to work, and activate the sound card, which allowed me to play all my games. Horray for accidental discoveries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom