I need a new power supply. Which one should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I have this setup:

Core 2 duo 2.53 ghz cpu

nvidia gefore gtx 260 card

2 gigs ram

1 dvd burner

1 7200rpm hdd

I want a nice, cheap, and reliable psu that will power this setup.

OIC. I'll probably wait for the shipping then. I'm trying to run what I have now on a 480 watt PSU, but for some reason my game performance and 3dmark scores are lower than I think is normal. A 10900 3dmark06 score can't be right for my setup, can it? I'm pretty sure I should be getting around 1400 3dmarks. Oh well, only time will tell I guess.

OIC. I'll probably wait for the shipping then. I'm trying to run what I have now on a 480 watt PSU, but for some reason my game performance and 3dmark scores are lower than I think is normal. A 10900 3dmark06 score can't be right for my setup, can it? I'm pretty sure I should be getting around 1400 3dmarks. Oh well, only time will tell I guess.
well if your CPU isn't OC'd then that score sounds about right because the CPU would just bottleneck the GPU in those test at that speed, but that PSU won't last long if you OC before it just gives up

My vote is for the corsair

wait a sec, so it's possible that my power supply isn't the culprit? Is there any diagnostic tool or anything I can use to determine if I need to upgrade the PSU? I guess it doesn't matter either way, though, as I'm going to want to overclock the cpu now to make my system a bit faster and such can't really be done with my current psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom