I Have OC'ed Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
I just got my comp running and my specs are below. Now what is better, a higher multiplier and lower fsb or the opposite. Right now I'm at 133x12.0 and it's at 47 degrees celsius. I have it set to shut off at 65 degrees celsius and the core voltage is auto set.

With the particular ram that you have...in your case a higher multiplier would be better because right now you are running a 1:1 ratio with your CPU and RAM....both are communicating at 266FSB cause the ram is DDR (Double Data Rate) you look at your FSB currently 133 so 133x2 = 266 and PC2100 RAM = 266 I believe. Now...if you got PC3200 ram...then it'd be more beneficial to lower your multi and raise your FSB. From the temps you said, you could probably push it a LITTLE more....but I don't know the stability of that chip. So if you do push it dont blame me if it breaks =) I would say that the highest you'd probably be able to reach would be 133x13 for 1.729 buuut that could be pushin it as far as stability goes, but your temps certainly look like they can handle some more pushin.... You'd probably need to add a TAD bit more vcore though if you upped your multi again. I don't know how well putting the vcore on auto works...never tried it...also never tried FULLY overclocking cause I can't afford to mess up. Good luck

Well I lowered it to 135x11 for now, I want to be able to install windows without a hitch. But now I need a video card since the one i put in my bros comp didn't work all to well.

you got your AGP locked at 66 and your PCI locked at 32MHz right? Cause thats what I gotta watch out for. My motherboards BIOS doesn't have the option to lock or change the bus speeds on those two things so if they get too high a HD or video card might not be able to handle it =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom