Strange problem involving G9 Laser mouse and Win XP standby mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcat75

In Runtime
So I got a G9 laser mouse yesterday and now I have a weird problem with Windows XP standby mode. Before my new mouse I was able to put my computer to sleep with standby mode, now when I do standby mode, everything seems to shut off except for the Power Supply. Is the G9 laser mouse software interfering with the standby process of win XP? Please help, thanks.

Yes i would believe so. I think there is some activity or something going on with the mouse that is preventing it from going into standby cause the system is detecting activity of some sort.

Have you tried to just unplug the mouse? Will it go into standby then?

Haven't tried that yet, didn't have time to fiddle with that. Will have to try it tonight but I'd hate to unplug my mouse everytime I want to put my PC into sleep mode, if that solves the problem. I'd like to really find the root of the problem, however it is strange that the mouse gets shut off and everything else, just not the PSU.

Drat, I didn't think to remove the old drivers, I'll try that too.

Edit: I found this on the same website:

Outdated or incompatible device drivers
If the computer is running outdated device driver files, they may not support power management and they may cause incompatibility problems. This behavior prevents a computer from entering or resuming from hibernation and standby. Drivers are the primary causes of hibernation and standby issues.

Make sure that you install the latest updates for the operating system to all the devices, especially audio devices and video devices. If you are not sure which driver is causing the issue, go to the "If you have outdated driver files, run the Crash Analysis tool" section.

So yeah the drivers could be outdated and I will remove the old mouse drivers from my G5.

Could most likely be the issue. If you still have the G5 drivers on there and have a G9 now the driver may work but are most likely causing some kind of conflict. Could be that they are trying to update or something for use with the G9.

Okay well I un-installed everything, tried to do standby again, no go. So I unplugged the mouse and then did standby, and it was normal this time. So why is the G9 mouse causing my computer to not do standby mode correctly? I find that very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom