Zahlman heatsink worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hefemeister

Lord Techie,
So it will be a few (6) months until I can build an I7 machine. I want to overclock my cpu more that the 5% (2.5ghz) I can get with the current heatsink I have. I believe with a zahlman 9700 i could get to 2.7 or maybe 2.8. If the Zahlman would work on an I7 I would do it right away and use it on my new build. It does not appear that it will work for that socket.

So is it work 600kr (80US) for an extra 10 to 15% overclock (of course the fun is almost worth it)? I want to get better at overclocking and am considering doing water on my new build. Decisions decision.

Thanks for the input.

no the Zalman 9700 is old now they were designed for P4 originally I have 9500 but only because I was forced due to case restraints. The Arctic freezer 7 is the best price/performance this side of the pond and will let you get upto 2.8ghz.

Yeah I can only find that one for the 775 socket here. It is only 27(darn keyboard does not have dollar sign) at newegg but by the time I pay to have it shipped here it is not much cheaper.

no the Zalman 9700 is old now they were designed for P4 originally I have 9500 but only because I was forced due to case restraints. The Arctic freezer 7 is the best price/performance this side of the pond and will let you get upto 2.8ghz.

The 9700 is no more than 2 years old and still a good cooler.

There are others out there that will keep you 1-4°C cooler.

Splitting hairs essentially. But there are probably better cheaper alternatives.

I am in Sweden. I may just go for a water system because I could definitely use that with my next build. I want to mount in in my case ideally so I think I will start doing some research on that.

The Arctic Freezer 64 Pro is the AMD version of the Arctic freezer 7.

meh details I conveyed the basis of what I meant was just waiting for him to confirm he was in the EU;
KustomPCs.co.uk - Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
You really can't beat that for its price if you had a 775 skt then it would be a better investment as you could then use one which is changeable like a few of the nexus ones. ahh well yeah watercooling is an idea but expensive to implement.

Wow nice shop. Sorry I am new to the whole EU thing. So I can order from this shop and have it shipped to Sweden? I see there is a 15% VAT Tax will I have to pay an additional import tax. I can still get stuff from newegg or anywhere in the US but that takes a bit longer and the prices here seem reasonable. If I am converting correctly in my head 1 pound = $1.5. Thanks for showing me I have only been here 6 months now.

There are probably better shops available on mainland Europe I know that some of the German stores have cracking deals as I use to have a German room mate. Thats a shop that I know for certain ships across Europe so you should be good to go. Your £1= 1.5USD sounds about right but the conversion to euros which I believe Sweden uses fluctuates arond £1 = 1.2-1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom