Exhaust fan advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

In Runtime
Hey,

Recently built my new PC and was looking to keep it that little bit cooler by adding another exhaust fan.

Seeing as I have have no space on my case for one I was thinking about getting a PCI slot fan. Which PCI slot would you suggest I put it in. The one next to the graphics card or the one located nearest the CPU or perhaps another one. I am hoping to lower my CPU temps (My Intel P4 "Prescott" currently Idle's at around 50 degrees celcius) aswell as my system temps slightly, by installing this new fan.

I would just like to know your opinions on PCI slot fans and how effective they are.

The fan I was thinking of getting was an "Akasa system exhaust blower".

My system specs can be seen below for more info,

Thanks,

Retro.

You won't get any noticeable difference from just a PCI Slot fan honestly. They may blow out a little extra hot air if you have it right below your graphics card, but I'd be surprised if you actually saw a degree or 2 in temp difference. Thats in your case...I highly doubt you'll see any difference on your CPU. They are fairly cheap and it looks like the one you want says 42CFM at 26Dba, so as far as fans go thats decent, but how it'll prevail in the PCI Slot who knows. You should just buy it...its not too expensive and then you can do a 'real world review' and prove me wrong cause maybe it'll work great =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom