upgrade processer

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamus

Beta member
hi
i have microstar ms-6340(vt8364) motherboard with a amd duron 701.3 processer (spitfire) what can i upgrade to with the same m/board

without looking it up I couldn't really say, but it would be a safe bet to say any other duron with the same socket type. If you are looking for a decent upgrade you should just get a newer xp motherboard and a 2500+ for about 140 dollars total. It will make big difference going from a duron to an xp and they are not that expensive now that the 64's are out.

Also Agreed...

Here's a decent place to look:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=1230

Any one of those motherboard CPU combos would do you good, but do a little research on it. Some are Micro-ATX which is smaller than your normal ATX Board. Usually it comes with 3 PCI slots opposed to 5. Try to get something with a 2400+ XP can't go wrong with those. Good chip and should do wonders for you. Look around for other CPU and Motherboard combo sales though. The only manufacturers they had at that site are chaintech, soyo, XFX , and Mach Speed....I've never had a motherboard from any of them so maybe someone else can give some heads up on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom