Can a 400watt pull it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
My antec 480 watt power supply failed on me recently and I can't return it back in becuase I diden't keep my receat from when I bought all my computer parts:( . So with that, there is a good power suppply thata is a 400 watt:D . but is 400 watts enogh headroom for overclocking and my system specs.

My system specs are

All in one NEC Drive (Burn everything)

160 Gb SeaGate hardrive

Sony Floppy

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Gamer Litmited Edition

MSI K8N Neo motherboard

Nivdia Geforce 6800 GT

Anthlon 3200+ 2ghz

And the Neccisities....Mouse KeyBoard Monitor ect.

Help me soon please becuase I have to go in to town later today.

Help will be greatly apprecaited

Thannks

Nivdia Geforce 6800 GT

Anthlon 3200+ 2ghz

Not with those two. That proc is not much of a power grabber, but the 6800gt has its own power connector from the PSU. I'd say you could skim by with 400w, but 500 would be roomier. When your system tries to run harder to work with your games and other programs, it's going to try to consume more power. If your PSU is already maxed out, your system will be impeded by its lack of power.

Yea, luckily it's not an Ultra that takes up so much power with just little performance difference between that and the GT.

I am very amused right now....I just got a 600 Watt Power supply for 54 bucks! This power supply is high quility and I got it from a (warehouse;) )store called star surplus located in temecula! I highly reccomand it! If you guys live close of course;)

I'm about 45mins away from temecula....don't care to drive that far for a PSU you though. I'm fine with paying $100 to have my thermaltake 560w delivered to me. Especially cause I know it'll be probably more efficient....quieter...and in the long run more stable.

EDIT: Don't forget to check the +3.3v, +5v, and +12v rails to see how much they can hold! It doesn't matter if you have an 800w PSU if the +12v rail says it only has a rating of 10a then you're screwed

Clicked every accessory (Which I don't even have)..put on a the 6800GT (I only have a 32mb Gf2 =P) 2 HD's, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, NIC, PCI Slots that I don't have filled lol just to see how close exactly to 560 I would even get.

Even with 4 HD's, the CD-RW, DVD-Rom, 6800 GT, two sticks of DDR Ram, every category on the right selected (PCI Cards, external devices, accessories) and a Thoroughbread 2400+ XP chip I've still only hit 511 watts, but I don't have half the crap that I select. I just wanted to see what I'd have to have in order to tax that 560 watter....but you'd have to have everything running at max all at once to actually tax it 100% =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom