Video card problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only actual programs I might run while gaming are Winamp and Firefox, I didn't have any problems yet since my original post, so if anything comes up again I'll see but for now I'm hoping nothing else happens

Ok I'm not sure how to explain this perfectly but starting today I've had this odd problem, I'll be playing WoW and the screen will suddenly change all sorts of different colors and I can't move in WoW, if I alt tab out and go back in it works again, but after that it takes 5 times longer to alt tab than normal, its happened twice today, I don't know what to think. My ram? My video card? It only started today, and its happened twice so far, the alt tab thing taking forever lasts until I restart my computer. My specs are in my sig.

SAME thing happened to me.. i was actually looking to start a thread on this but then i saw urs. ALSO u have the same videocard (GeForce 8600GT OC)

Ya i'm usually playing WinMediaPlyr and mozilla.. (maybe aim) but my comp can handle other games perfectly fine while these are up. i think it might hav something to do with the video card cause in some cases it brings up nvidia messages. someone help us out

It happened to me again last night, cept it didn't change different colors screen just blinked and it froze up until I alt tabbed but I had to restart cause i alt tab alot and it takes like seriously 2 minutes to alt tab after that happens. I did a ramtest overnight and no errors showed up. I'm thinkin about taking out my video card and running the onboard and seeing if it still happens.

It could be that the GPU is getting to hot? Have you used AtiTool or RivaTuner to boost up the fan speed to try and keep it cooler?

I'll see if I can try to change the speed setting on the fan, btw I forget to mention this, didn't think it would have an effect, but about a week ago I hooked up my HDTV as my second monitor basically on my video card.

Well I got new info that scares me, I know for sure its not a video card problem now, I was pulling up a program a little bit ago and the computer froze, I was like wth, so I turned it off and back on, then it wouldnt' post or anything anymore, I pulled the plug and power cycled it, and plugged it back in and it works now after one BSOD on Windows loading, it said at the top "Windows was shut down to prevent damage to the system" or something, it disappeared fast, and now I'm back on atm, none of my temps are very high, so idk what's going on.

that happened the first time for me but it actually lost my user account information. took some time to get everything back but it still happens.. :confused: i give up. as long as my comp continues to work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom