comparison E6850 - Q9550

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I was debating on a upgrade and a friend wants to buy my cpu and gpu for a decent price but how much more could I expect from the q9550 over the E6850 other than being Quad core, As for the GPU he won't even need what I have but he is running a pent. D with AGP and figured he would buy mine so I could get the 260GTX 216 I've been wanting. Will the cpu upgrade be worth it or not, For $300 out of pocket I can get this system to a higher level for CPU and GPU. Now I just have to wait for windows 7 LOL to use all my RAM hehe. The E6850cpu is supposed to be really OC able but niether of us really OC's except I OC the GPU thanks to EVGA but no OCing on these.

Dauntae

well he cant use 9 series card in AGP thats for sure. those e6850's will push about 3.6-3.8 ghz so your right they are not bad overclockers. but the yorkfield are about 20% faster i think so it will give you a significant increase (alot mroe if you overclock!!!) and they way things are going you'd be better off sticking with a quad for the future. The biggest increase you will see by far is the transistion from a 9800gtx to a core 216, thats in itself is worth the upgrade.

He's getting a new MB, He already has a SATA HD not sure what he has for optical drive though but he is getting a new MB RAM and my cpu and gpu.

Dauntae

He's getting a new MB, He already has a SATA HD not sure what he has for optical drive though but he is getting a new MB RAM and my cpu and gpu.

Dauntae
hmm well you've got some **** good friends man, the q9550 i don't know much about it but I know the 45nm process really is a big bonus over the 65nm.

Yea I do, He is not a gamer at all but wants to do a upgrade. At worst he will play with his MS flight sim X so I'm giving him a good price for my old stuff (Probably $250 for cpu and gpu) and that will cover the 260 GTX and I'll buy the 9550 and not worry about trying to sell the old stuff. I could of used it in my other system but that just get used for burning dvd's and such. So he has good friends too. And we both get upgrades and will be happy with them.

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom