Bsod Issue!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i thought it was indeed a driver issue and that reinstalling all the drivers again fixed the issue but now im not so sure.

After i reinstalled every driver, my system ran fine for a day and a half. After seeing this and remembering that i got at least 2-3 bsods a day i thought that i fixed the issue by taking mak's advice from what he saw in the minidumps. So what i did then, thinking it was fixed was threw my other 2 gigs of ram in. After about a day i got a bsod. A STOP 0x00000050 error to be exact. Now one would think it was because i put that other 2 gigs of ram in, which could be faulty. This could be possible, even though i memtested them multiple times before and it said they were ok. So what i figure im just going to do is memtest both sets of sticks one more time each night and if it says theyre clean i guess ill do a fresh xp 64bit install and try to start all over again. I also found this windows verifier.exe application that i ran, which apparently if i get a bsod it will tell me the exact driver causing the problem. If anyone else has any more suggestions, please speak up.

Im not sure what exactly youre telling me to compare on that page to help figure this out.

When you get a BSOD you get the Stop 0X00000050 error followed by a string of numbers. That first set of numbers is the first parameter. The 2nd set is the 2nd parameter and so on. On that page you will see that they have results for the first 4. Which will help you determine what is happening and why the BSOD is occuring.

It also gives you some solutions as well.

If the driver responsible for the error can be identified, its name is printed on the blue screen and stored in memory at the location (PUNICODE_STRING) KiBugCheckDriver.

and

Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors.

Those would be some of the first things to look at to try and figure out what is giving the error and how to solve it.

If not write down the parameters and post them up. I will see if i can find out what is causing it.

Alright, ill do that for the next bsod that happens. I forgot to take a picture of the last one from yesterday. Now im not sure if you know, but could this at possible be coming from a failing hard drive? I only ask because i noticed that when im using Adobe Premiere and doing some video editing, the hard drive light sometimes would go solid for like 10 seconds and my pc would kind of be locked up, well not locked up, i could move the mouse and stuff but say if i clicked an item like Save to render a movie, it wouldnt register for about 10 seconds. Also i noticed some louder noises like squicks and like "GRRRRR" processign type sounds lately. And also, when i did error checking on my system drive(the one im talking about) error checking gets about half way done and says "Windows is unable to complete the error checking." Now this was only when i did the error checking in windows. But i didint tell it to auto fix any found errors or such, so maybe that means something.

I would most certainly run the Check Disk on your hard drive. Have it auto fix problems and run a full in depth scan. Use the command above for the best results.

Alright, but for the record, i have ran this exact command before when i first started this thread and it did its thing. I just wasnt sure if this STOP 0x50 error, which is what ive been getting the most could be anything to do with a hard drive or not. Because i dont want to go through the hassle of getting a new one and reinstalling my OS, etc on it if it has nothing to do with it.

Well it couldnt hurt. If the system ran fine without the other 2 sticks of RAM could be a bad RAM slot as well. How long did you run the PC without those added sticks and did you get problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom