The right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't really add up the amps on the 12v Rails because no PSU is 100% efficient, but its close enough estimate

I got in here late. But I can tell its gonna be a flame war. Go with the 650TX. I have the 550vx and corsairs psus rock. Watts don't mean ****. Its amps on the 12v rail. A 500w psu should not have 2 12v rails. That forces you to balance the load and if you get it wrong you will over work one rail and can crash your machine.

DBD...you are one stubborn guy. You should really Listen to Bongwizard, Nos, Vern and Puddlejumper. They know their stuff and have been doing this for awhile. I wouldn't talk trash over a Rosewill, but I would take a corsair over it any day.

I got in here late. But I can tell its gonna be a flame war. Go with the 650TX. I have the 550vx and corsairs psus rock. Watts don't mean ****. Its amps on the 12v rail. A 500w psu should not have 2 12v rails. That forces you to balance the load and if you get it wrong you will over work one rail and can crash your machine.

DBD...you are one stubborn guy. You should really Listen to Bongwizard, Nos, Vern and Puddlejumper. They know their stuff and have been doing this for awhile. I wouldn't talk trash over a Rosewill, but I would take a corsair over it any day.

What? I'm not trash talking, and I have allot respect for those guys!

I'm just trying to get the facts straight, Watts don't mean anything? not true! I agree that the total watts of the psu doesn't mean much, But all the hardware power usage reviews are in watts and all you have to do is divide the watts by 12 to convert it into amps. 12watts = 1 amp

So if you say watts don't matter you are saying amps don't matter.

Check out this pic http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/348/ocz600_label.jpg

it has 2x 20a 12v rails, most people here would tell you it has 40a on the 12v rails, but that's not true, it has 35a on the 12v rails. now see how it has 420 watts on the 12v rail, divide the 420 by 12 and you get 35amps.

I know, I was agreeing with you..

You don't add the amps up, not because it's not 100% efficient. You don't add the amps up because that's just not how you calculate how many amps are on the 12v rails.

Learn to use the edit button. Double posts are bad form. And I'm not daft I know how power supplied work. My point is, I don't have much to say in this debate its just that they know a lot about psus and arguing against them about it is futile.

Learn to use the edit button. Double posts are bad form.
I was quoting 2 different people.

And I'm not daft
If you say so...

I know how power supplied work. My point is, I don't have much to say in this debate its just that they know a lot about psus and arguing against them about it is futile.

I'm not arguing against them.

What do you think we disagree on?

I was quoting 2 different people.

That doesn't matter. It's forum etiquette. You don't make more posts than you have to. People quote multiple users in one post all the time. it wont kill you.

If you say so...

Maybe you should look at your post count before you come on here and start picking fights with random users.

I'm not arguing against them.

What do you think we disagree on?

Not sure really. I saw that you were recommending a poor choice and then arguing against some respected members, and posting links to try and educate us so I dropped my .02 cents. Lately we have had a lot of n00b members posting very bad advice and I didn't want that to happen again. Sorry if I jumped the gun.

lol i don't think i've said anything in this post.. except post a useless 2000 watt power supply... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom