can someone help me with wireless connectivity issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jch2273

Solid State Member
I can not connect to the internet thru my wireless connection. This the 2nd time it has occured. Both times it has happenned after installed the xp service pack 2. 1st time I had the dell guy walk me through a full reformat reinstall of xp and drivers. I tried that this time and it still will not connect me. My wireless icon in the taskbar says I have a good signal. Please someone help me. I am sure it is probably something very minor. I am useless without a high speed connection....this phone line stuff just isn't for me...THANKS

So you can connect to your router but not to the internet? Have you installed the latest driver for you wireless card?

Yes I have installed the latest driver. When I click on the internet explorer icon it tries to connect me, but I get the screen that says cannot find server, try clicking tools, internet options....yada yada yada....I have tried everything...I'm sure I have probably missed something somewhere...

Have you tried turning off and on your modem and router? I had problems connecting to my wireless network and turning off and on my router and modem solved my problem.

Okay, can you get on your router through the 192.168.xx.xxx address?

Also are you sure your security settings match? Both are the same WPA ande your passwords right?

I know when i screw up my pass, I connect, but can't actually access it, giving me the same message you get.

I'd suggest starting with zero security and work up from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom