Used gaming system. Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fadedstar

Baseband Member
Hello,

I could buy this tower for 600$ (canadian)

Asus P5K-E Green
4GB Corsair XMS2 ( 2 x 2048) 800 mhz
Western Digital Raptor 150 GB
Diamond HD4850 512MB video card
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550

Antec three hundred case
OCZ 600 Watt GameXtream power supply

What you guys think?

I read a bit on the Diamond card and this unit seems to be running extremly hot so im not too sure about it. Otherwise it seems like a good system.

I say no if canadian dollars are comparable to USD then the price he paid for it was around $650 however I am UK so can't say for sure just my two pence/ I wouldn't buy it although it is quite a good computer

Not really as here in Britain you can pretty much swap the $ for £ and be at about the right price or for premium items like graphics cards add an extra £50 just for luck

Well, Google probably doesn't take the current financial crisis into consideration

However a different exchange rate site (that was updated today) put $600 (Canadian) at £325.47

I think your missing the bigger picture; Tax differences, we live on an island so shipping costs, general supply and demand rules shop profit margins and overhead costs.

Oh thanks for hijacking my thread guys... :) Hehe.

To give you an idea, all the stuff listed below is worth around 1100$ here.

I'd like some info the the video card itself and the running hot issue...

DUDE!!! Jump on that deal. Newegg might give you a better deal. But since I m on Newegg Canada for like at least an hour or two every day. Trust me when I say this. You will not get a better deal for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom