How to keep WinXP really fast & stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: How to keep WinXP really fast & stable

Hello Mike,

Leave the CCTray. That is your Internet Security suite. Need that. The Intellitype is the drivers for your keyboard. So if you use the media buttons on there leave that as well or they wont work. Also leave teh ctfmon as that is a Windows process and could cause you issues.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello Mike,

Also leave teh ctfmon as that is a Windows process and could cause you issues.

Cheers,
Mak

that's an office thing that keep restoring itself when you disable it. you need 3rd party software to keep it disabled

Eric,

Thanks for that info. I use Office and Outlook all the time so that is why i leave it. ;)

Cheers,
Mak

if you put the files in the right place you will see the drivers on this screen. just follow the steps leaving the default options. you can change them if you understand them.
driverbase3.jpg

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I do not have the option to select any of these. They are in the "DriverPacks" folder which I have saved to my desktop. After I extracted the driver packs using 7z, it put a huge amount of files into folder C:\DriverPacks\D. With "D" being the name of a subfolder. Then I have the unzipped 7z driver packs inside the "DriverPacks" folder.

Any help?

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I do not have the option to select any of these. They are in the "DriverPacks" folder which I have saved to my desktop. After I extracted the driver packs using 7z, it put a huge amount of files into folder C:\DriverPacks\D. With "D" being the name of a subfolder. Then I have the unzipped 7z driver packs inside the "DriverPacks" folder.

Any help?

I realize that i made a mistake there. download the compressed file to the driverpacks folder

wierd. make you that you have the files place right, inside the right folder and that they are arranged right

driverpack1.jpg

driverpack2.jpg

A bit of advice shortstop. Dont quote your post to take the topic back to the top of the forum after 2 hours. It is ill advised to bump after such a short period of time. Someone will be with you when they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom