Graphics card done for???

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
As you know, I had done a high overclock of my graphics card the other day. It helped me get decent framerates in games like Far Cry and Doom 3. Well this morning, i began getting artifacts, so bad I could not make out an image on the screen. So I brought my speeds back to stock levels. Now I am constantly getting graphics accelerator resets because the card quits communicating with the driver. Is my card done for? Please tell me it isn't. It will be a while before I have enough money for a 6800 GT, and I can't go without a computer. What can I do?

I hope that you replaced the pad, heatsink and fan before overclocking it. If you used the stock heatskink/fan, you may have damaged the GPU from heat stress.

beedubaya.....nooooooo :( I agree with agex....this doesn't sound too good at all... I believe you were warned a couple times about it to :( Have you reset the drivers and such or flashed the VGA Bios or anything to that extent? It's about all I can think of

You MIGHT also check the GPU on the card and make sure it isnt damaged. I have a stock Heatsink and fan, but I try not to over do it. Good Luck man...

overclocking isnt covered, if you overclock your card and it dies, you are on your own. well, thats the way it is with Nvidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom