amd 754 pin or 939?

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
ok iv heard several stories bout the 754 pin such as it doesnt support dual channel, etc.. I am wanting to upg4rade my pc, but i dunno if i should save a few$ and get a 3400 for 280 or get a 3500 939 pin at 350 (y did the price go up like 120$)?

Thanks, U-Toast

Well it is true that 754 pin processors don't support duel channel but duel channel doesn't even really increase performance, only by very little since it seems that 3.2 gigabyte transer from ram is fast enough if the ram is pc 3200.

939 pin processor hyperstansport has a multiplier of 5 meaning 1ghz (2ghzDDR) but their are motherboards that allow you to increase the multiplier to 5 from 4 with 754 pin processors such a my MSI k8n neo.

I got a 754 pin 3200+ and it works fine with me in gaming, multimedia and such. But then again, you may even get a better performance with a little bit of a faster proccesor. Try looking at the benchmarks at www.tomshardware.com or http://www.anandtech.com/

so u would recommedn the 754? i dont really care bout dual chanel any ways. and i dont wana spend like 350 on a 3500+ 939.

I saw that intel got their price drops. But u would still recommend the 64?

Which one would u recommend along with what mobo?

if you can u-toast i'll say wait it out. amd is going to release 90nm chipsets between this month and next month, so wait till then. you could get a way better processor. and the current processor prices will drop so you could get something better versus something cheaper.

wait it out.

when taht comes out itl cost more no? oh well. i could get a better 64 for the same price as now. Its gona be a while b4 i buy tho. prolly round xmax, maybe a bit b4

U-Toast

The 754s are fine. If you are worried about gaming, focus more on the video card, and getting some high performance memory - Take a look at my specs...

I run every game with highest possible detail, and have the craziest frames, even at the most intensive times. It couldn't get any smoother.

939 is a nesscity, but 754 is no longer gonna get any new chips, so you'll have to change mobos within 2 years with 754:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom