ASUS EEE PC SSD HD Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmaddogfreak

In Runtime
Hey guys,
I just got an ASUS Eee PC Netbook (1000) with the Solid State Drive, and well it's telling me in every utility I have run (including Partition Magic) that I have 2 drives in there.... It originally had Linux installed on it, and I assume it was partitioned in a way to have a swap partition, but it doesnt make any sense. Any one have any ideas, tips or clues to this one?

One is most likely a recovery partition as the eee as you know dosent have a optical drive for a system recovery disk.

That is normal. A partition acts like a 2nd drive. Even though it is physically 1 drive. Unless the device manager shows that there are 2 devices listed under the hard drives, which would indicate 2 physical drives, this is a normal behavior.

diskmanagement.png

Case in point my Disk Management screen. You can see only 3 hard drives. Yet i have several partitions which show up under Computer as seperate devices.

If you are really confused just post up a pic of your disk management screen for further confirmation as to what is going on.

If you wouldn't mind, it would help us see what the problem is even if there is one.

They are partitions. Read the layout part. It says it all.

Layout: Partition

It is just partitions being read as 2 seperate drives. Could be because it is a SSD.

This is the exact problem that I have on my eee pc 1000 40gb ssd. I installed win xp from a usb and deleted all partitions, but it showed each partition as two separate drives and I couldn't remove them.

Now I only have 7.5 gb of usable memory on my C:\ drive and 30 gb of unallocated disk space. I could partition the space as another D:\ drive, but I'd prefer to have it all under the C:\ drive.

The BIOS refers to the 30gb drive as the slave drive and the 8gb as the master. How do I remove the two drives and just see them as one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom