Computer Compatiability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noxinc

Solid State Member
UPDATED MY BUILD~~Looking for suggestions

I plan to build a computer from scratch, only things I have on me are a keyboard, monitor and mouse, not sure if I can get my hands on a CD Drive or OS yet.

If you see anything thats cheaper and better quality would love some suggestions.

Motherboard
Newegg.ca - MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards 188

RAM
Newegg.ca - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory 69$

Processor
Newegg.ca - AMD Phenom 9950 2.6GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor - Processors - Desktops 220$
Video Card ~

Newegg.ca - HIS Hightech H485QT512P Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported IceQ4 Turbo Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards 224$

Hard Drive
Newegg.ca - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives 69$

Power Supply
Corsair TX650W 650-Watt Power Supply - ATX, 120mm Fan, SLI-Ready, SATA-Ready CMPSU-650TX in Canada at TigerDirect.ca 142$

Not looking to spend anything above 1000, which im at but I would love a suggestion towards a new motherboard I couldn't tell what to pick.

That barebones kit is just about the worst thing I have seen in quite a while......

You are getting a case and a power supply that you are going to throw in the garbage.....whY?? Why are you getting memory cooling for that crappy memory?

WHY ARE YOU GETTING THAT MOTHERBOARD?!?!

Start over.

That barebones kit is just about the worst thing I have seen in quite a while......

You are getting a case and a power supply that you are going to throw in the garbage.....whY?? Why are you getting memory cooling for that crappy memory?

WHY ARE YOU GETTING THAT MOTHERBOARD?!?!

Start over.

Could you suggest something thats near the same price with a motherboard Ram and a processor. I also didn't claim once I was a good let alone a pro hence why I came here. Forgot to add that thought the powersupply is terrible my Dad needs one and it would go to him, case on the other hand is kinda useless might keep just incase.

Newegg isn't an option as stated above. Canadacomputers and Tigerdirect only =(

The cpu fan does not appear to be for a socket 775.

Socket Type:
AM2

Ahh sorry, thanks for the reply will update my fan choice asap!
Thermaltake Ruby Orb Socket 775754939940AM2 Aluminum CoreFins CPU Cooler CL-P0391 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca New fan choice.

Newegg isn't an option as stated above. Canadacomputers and Tigerdirect only =(

Why? Just curious....

I'm not going to mess with finding stuff on TigerDirect, I have looked up probably tens of thousands of items on newegg so I can do it fast. Newegg is a better company too.

Why? Just curious....

I'm not going to mess with finding stuff on TigerDirect, I have looked up probably tens of thousands of items on newegg so I can do it fast. Newegg is a better company too.

Newegg delivers slower according to friends who have used them, I know its a poor exscuse but im attempting to have this built for someone before Christmas

Well thats a new one.....i've never heard someone in my entire life say newegg delivers slow.

maybe it is different in canada, but in the U.S. they are the fastest out of almost any company i've ever dealt with.

Well thats a new one.....i've never heard someone in my entire life say newegg delivers slow.

maybe it is different in canada, but in the U.S. they are the fastest out of almost any company i've ever dealt with.

Ill take a look, if im wrong for Canada that is I apologize.

Agreed, they are extremely fast. Purchased from them multiple times and never had any issues. While it may take them 24 hours to process the order after the order has been processed you should be blaming the parsal service, not newegg on slow deliveries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom