Should I or shouldn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, after reading around some on these forums, it would seem this may not come close for playing games like Crisis, FarCry 2, Fallout 3, and God only knows what massive recommended requirements will arise on games coming out next year. So if I were to go to a budget of around $1500 what would be my best path in this scenario? It would not be $1500 all at once, maybe over a few months. So I would like to upgrade components slowly say one each week or two while being able to keep my computer's functionality while going through the process. My question is not only what build would be good, but what order should I upgrade if it is like one component every other week keeping full functionality? Thanks for all your help! :)

Well with the 2.66ghz dual core and the 4850 he suggested, you should be able to play new games quite well.

Okay, after reading around some on these forums, it would seem this may not come close for playing games like Crisis, FarCry 2, Fallout 3, and God only knows what massive recommended requirements will arise on games coming out next year. So if I were to go to a budget of around $1500 what would be my best path in this scenario? It would not be $1500 all at once, maybe over a few months. So I would like to upgrade components slowly say one each week or two while being able to keep my computer's functionality while going through the process. My question is not only what build would be good, but what order should I upgrade if it is like one component every other week keeping full functionality? Thanks for all your help! :)

Thats not true.....you should be able to play all 3 of those games. No, not maxed out......I can't play Crysis maxed out either though.

Either way you go you will be happy, Saltnay's build is very good for $414 and you would be happy with the performance improvement.

With $1500 you could build a pretty good computer.

What brand and model of PSU are you using right now?

So if I do this $414 upgrade; they will all work with my Orion XP400 power supply? Also, any recommended guides for noobs when they are installing a motherboard and processor for the first time? I am a bit nervous, but also nervously looking forward to trying this. I have done video cards and memory before, but not all the guts in it's entirety. Thanks for all the help guys!

okay, sounds good. will go with this build then including the power supply. any other recommendations before I place the order? Thanks again for all the help!!!

Well those PSUs are for a small budget. Like many others have said on here over and over, don't cheap out on the PSU.

They will work fine for that sytem with a single GPU and single HDD.....but I would personally go for something in the $85-$140 range.....if you can afford that.

Why would the power supply be that major a thing? I would have thought it the least important. What PSU would you recommend then to go with the above products? Thanks (By the way, has 4 HDDs, 3 are external though if that matters or not when dealing with the systems' PSU... as I am typing this I am thinking the externals probably do not matter, since they each have their own power supplies...)

No, externals have their own power supply.

PSU's are a little bit different than say a motherboard or a video card. They don't get outdated usually for their entire lifespan if you get a good one.

And they are definately not the least important, they are the most important. They power everything. They can also destroy everything.

There are many good Power Supplies out there.

I would go at least 600 Watts and I prefer the single rails. I have the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Watt.....I put the 610 Watt of the same model in my brothers PC.

The Corsair 650 and 750 are good ones, along with Silverstone, Seasonic, and some OCZ PSU's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom